Friday, March 21, 2008

Welcome to Blue's Book Club Blog

Hey ladies!
Welcome to Blue's Book Club blog. This is our place to meet, remind ourselves what we are reading and post in between chats. I will also post next chat times and we can also set up times to get together for impromptu chats. Feel free to post those here!


Our next read is as suggested by the lovely and fabulous Simplicity. Deb Caletti's
Queen of Everything
A light and fun read, this book, I think, will be a nice change for us from our normal vampire world. I hope to pick mine up at Borders this weekend. To give us plenty of time to read, finish the books we have in progress and generally try to get our vampire smut love under control, I am making the official conversation for this book April 23. If anyone has a reason to change this date, please just post it here or email me. I may be a Godmother, but I'm not a dictator for goodness sakes!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, Blue!!! This should work out just fine for all of the ladies and Fry, (though he rarely ever reads any of the books!). Thanks so much for doing this for us! As always, dahling, you rule.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, Blue!! Thanks for setting up this lovely book club blog! You rock, chica! I'm planning to pick up Queen of Everything tomorrow afternoon. Fun, fun, fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for Blue! You're awesome making our own little book blog. Now I can't find the link where RWA lists this as a romance...I could've sworn I saw it on their website, but perhaps my WBS is kicking in and it was never there.

But it should be good anyway...I loved her book Honey Baby Sweetheart...plus it's set in the lovely Pacific Northwest. And we all know how we feel about books set here.

Anonymous said...

Blue it looks wonderful girl! Nice job. This looks like it'll be a fun place to gather all of our good information on fun books!

Shelley said...

Thanks, ladies! I have wanted to post several blogs in the past two days (you're right, sprty, it's addictive!) but have not had the time. But don't worry, I will!

Anonymous said...

Blue, this looks awesome! Thanks for setting this up so we have a place to play. Moowaaah!

neave said...

You are so awesome Blue! This looks fabulous!I love it! I will hopefully pick this up this week! Looks delightful!

Dutley said...

My copy just arrived at the library in my very own HOLD section. I'll be ready by April 23rd for sure!.

Oh and I just finished Dog Handling by what's her name. Loved it, except for all the cheating parts.

Anonymous said...

Just came across this interview with Deb Caletti. It's long but interesting. Nancy Perl of Book Lust interviewed her in '06. QofE was the 5th book she wrote, but the first one that was published. Honey Baby Sweetheart (my fav) was her 2nd published book and the National Book Award Finalist. She talks about all this stuff and more.

http://www.seattlechannel.org/videos/video.asp?ID=3030608

Anonymous said...

I am going to read this one and try to be at the book club chat!!

Librarybooks/Melissa

Kayla said...

I'm really bummed because none of my local libraries have this book and my book budget right now is slim... hopefully I can get my hands on a copy before the 23rd!

Canzone/aria