Friday, November 22, 2013

Thanks for adding some cool, John Green

So how can I go from The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie, an intriguing and sexy bodice ripper, to John Green? Cause I'm that kind of girl. If you didn't know that about me, you must be new :) I've already read The Fault in our Stars, finishing the book, horrifically, on a flight to Seattle last spring and sobbing before we even took off. Do not read that book while doing air travel, trust me. I was even forewarned but just could not put it down. And honestly, I DID NOT WANT TO READ THAT BOOK. I didn't want to cry. Beth, Leanne and several of my other book club peeps loved it, but I put it off for like 2 years. I'm so glad I finally put on my big girl panties and read it.

While shopping for a myriad of kid things, I picked up the hard copy of TFIOS for my daughter (I read the Kindle version) and Target in Castleton had this cute little John Green display. I'm so proud that he's a fellow Hoosier. I feel that Indiana is not quite as sexy as many states and he certainly brings an amount of cool to us here. While perusing his other books, I read the back cover of Looking for Alaska and decided to pick it up, having not really heard about it previously. Sometimes I just hit a good one, because as soon as I brought Alaska home, my sophomore daughter said "oh everyeone is talking about that book and reading it." See, John Green just added some cool to me too. So that's what I'm reading, Looking for Alaska. I've just started, but I already know I'm going to love it.

No comments: