Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What I'm reading a year later



Hey there! It's been a while since I posted an update here, but I have been posting over on the Blue's Book Club Facebook page, when I have a chance. I have been totally enveloped in creating a mini empire of comic con journals, aka Con*Quest Adventure Journal. Between first being struck with the idea in January of 2014, finding a US manufacturer, launching a new brand and product line and a kickstarter and a website...well, I have not had that much time for reading.

From the Supernatural Con in Vegas, BEFORE I even knew of the awesome book club!

But during my foray into this new business, I discovered that Felicia Day has a book club. An ONLINE bookclub. And they read ROMANCE. It's called Vaginal Fantasy and it's PERFECT. YES peeps, this is what we did starting in 2007 when we read Twilight on the Lex and then we had our Blue's Book Club weekly chats and read books together. Remember that? I do! I wish I could have kept up with it more, but I am now embarking on the reading journey with Felicia and company. This way, when I can read I will and when I can't, I will take a break and come back to it.

This month's main book is Mind Games by Carolyn Crane. The bookclub meet up will be on November 25 and details are on the Goodreads page and the website. Come join the fun!


4 comments:

Shelley said...

I just discovered VF, too! I've read the book, now just have to wait for the chat. Seems so far away.

Shelley said...

I'm only at like 20% so I need the little extra wait we have...hahahaha! I love this book club!

Violet said...

So fun that you met Felicia, Shelley! I enjoy "Table Top" (another facet of the "Geek & Sundry" YouTube channel), so I've stumbled across a couple of the Vaginal Fantasy webcasts (particularly ones related to books I've read and enjoyed like Juliet Marillier's "Daughter of the Forest"). I'll have to read "Mind Games" with you and the VF gals this month. :)

Shelley said...

Violet - YAYAYAYA! Love to see you here and how fun for you to join me in reading Mind Games! I'm so excited! Did you join the Goodreads group yet?