Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Book club: T minus 2 hours and 52 minutes

Well, it will be less by the time I get this blog finished!

Hello my wonderful book club friends!
Last week, I was off course from my usual routine,
what with
this crazy rockin' client video that had to be done
and a trip (gulp!) The Great Wolf Lodge,



I did not have a chance to update the blog or send our book club email. I am finishing Rio's book (Midnight Rising) and am loving Rio and Dylan. Just in time for Lara Adrian to hit number 6 on the New York Times list. My favorite line from Rio "You are pure flame. I touch you and I ignite. I kiss you and I burn to have more. You consume me... " uhm, I think I need a cold shower.

I promise to start Queen of Everything by this weekend. I really meant it! I will have no problem making our April 23 book club deadline...NO, my fingers were NOT crossed behind my back, Mandy!

Tonight's discussion will begin with this topic: "Why is it so sexy to think of a vampire feeding off of you? Is it because he's taking a part of you? And is this "marking" his territory, which is essentially an act of possession, which is disturbing and scary and sexy and provocative at the same time?" Now, I am a strong willed woman (hold back your shock!) and I would not like someone controlling me in any way. I only allow that to happen on my own terms and only because I am giving it as a gift to someone (does that make any sense?) But there is nothing more sexy to me than a man who desires me and would, gasp, need me to sustain him. Actually want to devour me. GAH! Mother says that the WARDen's brothers would be TOO much in real life, and perhaps she is right, but there is something in me that would sure like to find out. So bring on the bake and bite! See you tonight on the lex chat, link is to the right!

Loves!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blue... I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time and Joey might have a career in photography! I'll be waiting for you to catch up with me on the Q of E book. Oh! I didn't mean to ogle your man either!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need a vacation after the week you had and the "vacation" to the water park. Tell Joey nice job with the camera!

There's nothing that ticks me off more in real life than a man who's a bossy arrogant a**hole (not sure I can swear here). So why am I enamored with them in fiction? That's probably a good question for the psych people out there. Maybe in real life it's because we don't know or understand their motivations (and frankly when they act like that, who wants engage them further), whereas in fiction we do know about what makes them tick, what their motivations are, so we're more able to connect with them and forgive and understand their outward persona.

Q of E...I'm 2/3rds done. I'm enjoying it, but I have some issues. Can't wait to discuss.