Thursday, August 28, 2008

Midnight Sun

Prompted by an amazing friend of mine, I am proudly displaying the Midnight Sun banner here on my blog. The reason is simple: I want to show Stephenie Meyer how much I love her work. I want her to know that she is one of the best story tellers of this century and I am not the only adult fan who feels this way. We may not be the outspoken few, so perhaps our voices do not ring loud enough for her to hear us. As I have always felt and stated in the past, these are her characters and the Twilight world is her universe. We are all just lucky that she has chosen to share it with us. So please, Stephenie, when you are feeling down about the negativity or anything else that is going on, remember that there are millions of us who adore your work. You have truly changed the lives of so many people with just your amazing characters, I challenge anyone to find as well defined characters in other modern literature. So please continue to share your world with us, Stephenie. The most amazing artistic developments are also often the most controversial.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous. Much, much, much agreed.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you Blue!!! We definitely need to bombard Stephenie with love. And even though the leak of Midnight Sun is something I'm sure she just hates, it is giving us an incentive to rally around her and make what would be seen as something bad, become something wonderful.

Hugs to you and to Stephenie!!

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister!