Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Peep Dioramas, Saying Goodbye and the Hoh

PEEPS!

I almost forgot to post one of the most important (ok, not really, but it was fun!) parts of the trip to Forks. Four of us made Twilight Saga inspired Peep Dioramas! I painted the grass, sky and trees until 1 am the night before I flew out to Seattle and then put the rest together in my hotel room once we were in Forks! My diorama was 'Peeplight', inspired by chapter 13, it was Peepward and Pella in the Peepdow. Yes, I'm a geek and yes, I had a fun, giggly time making this! Then, at our big girls night party, Ouisa, Cory and Violet all brought their amazing dioramas: 'Peepterra' (this may have been my fave, if just for the awesome name along, Ouisa!), 'First Peep' and 'Peeps and Ice'.











Ok, back to my timeline! Sunday morning, most of the gang left! I was so sad to see them go and I actually cried when they did (probably not surprising actually!) Anyway, here is a picture and a video of some of my adorable peeps!















Sunday afternoon, Simp, SSVD, her girls and I went to the Hoh Rainforest and drove around Forks, hitting all of the hot spots! It was a very busy but very fun day!


























Monday, Simp and I went back to La Push to check out Rialto Beach. It was so beautiful! We couldn't make it back to the tide pools, the tide was too high then, but we did take some pictures and videos of this amazing and beautiful location.


Then it was time to head back to Seattle. Simp drove me all the way to I5, then I hopped in SSVD's car and cried and cried, waving goodbye to Simp all the while. I have to say that the darling Simplicity is adorable, sweet, fun-loving and was just the best roomie a girl could ask for. I went to the airport with SSVD and her girls and of course, cried while hugging them and saying goodbye. It was just soooo sad! To finally get to meet SSVD, have such an amazing time and then have it be over in the blink of an eye, was almost cruel. She is the most kind-hearted, funny and creative person I know. Thank you all for making this an amazing trip I will never forget.

I crashed in my hotel room that night, ordered room service and cried for a bit. Luckily, two of my very special friends wanted to talk to me that evening and it made all the difference in the world. I laughed and told stories and went to sleep happy and tired. Thank you both for that!

Next up....Breaking Dawn concert in Chicago!

Hugs, Blue

2 comments:

Cranberryfries said...

Love the review of the awesome trip! What a great time.

Anonymous said...

Blue, I'm back from my other vacations and am reading your blog for the first time in weeks. I've so enjoyed reading your detailed account of all the Forks' activities as well as seeing your wonderful photos and videos. Makes me relive that fabulous weekend all over again. It was awesome to meet you in person. I had such a great time with you. Thanks for letting me be your roomie! Miss you!