Monday, August 4, 2008

More Forks trip and Breaking Dawn!

It's been a month of Twilight yumminess!

Before I continue on my Forks trip story, I first wanted to say that I finished Breaking Dawn today, after annoying my husband all weekend with my intense reading (too bad for him!) and the midnight party at Barnes and Noble with my sister-in-law. We had a great time, and I absolutely adored BD! YAY Stephenie!!!!!!

In other exciting Stephenie news, I'm heading to Chicago for her concert and signing! Another big YAY! She is an excellent speaker and so friendly and down to earth. I am also meeting one of my dear online friends in Chicago, along with her long-suffering but gallant hubby, and am SOOO excited about that as well!

Forks Trip Continued....

Friday night was our girl's night out party night! I was so excited for everyone to be together in the same room, but I was also a bit nervous for some inexplicable reason. I am not one who normally is ever afraid in crowds and as soon as I got there, I was ALL good. I just adored everyone! All of the amazing ladies were so very friendly and warm. I felt loved and happy and excited, it was truly awesome. We took a huge group picture, had tons of great food thanks to Shandrath, Violet, Simp and SSVD, played very cool and funny games (sprty and Canz rock the house) and I even won an award! Yes, I was honored with the Queen of the Gutter award and I actually gave an acceptance speech! Ok, I'm such a dork, but I loved it. Many, many hugs to my peeps! The night went by far too quickly and it was time to crash.

Saturday morning we got up and all met at the Chamber of Commerce for another group picture. I believe I accosted some poor photographer, hoping to get his version of the picture, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. We needed a little time to get it together and ate breakfast (ssvd, her girls, simp and I) at the place teak and her family were eating. The waitress was extremely efficient and brought us so much coffee! Then it was off to Port Angeles. We were driving around, trying to find our FMGs (you know who you are!) and finally did so. We took pictures, Port Angeles is beatiful, and while standing outside of La Belle Italia, the owner came out and told us we could take pictures inside! Hooray! So we did, and we saw where Stephenie sat when she was there just three weeks ago. So awesome. The man was so sweet, we decided to eat there after all! Pel, Alphie and BME came in not long after and we took pictures of each other, cause, you know, we are all fangirls like that. We also went in to this great little store that had the most fabulous pop-up book evah....Simp and ssvd found that one! HAHAHAHHAHA! Port Angeles was over too quickly and we needed to get back to Forks for some other festivities. We visited both Cozy houses, going back and forth, visiting with everyone! SSVD sold some of her amazing book gems at Dano's house and I chit chatted outside on the porch there and later, I did an impromptu reading of the yummiest parts of Eclipse's chapter 20 at Ouisa and Shandrath's house. So much fun! I wish I could have split myself into many pieces so I could have been with everyone all the time! Alas, my midwestern time zone caught up with me and I had to go back to the hotel for some much needed sleep!

Next Forks trip blog coming soon - Sunday: Saying goodbye, the Hoh Rainforest and around Forks! OH! and the Peep Dioramas! How could I forget!!! Peeplight, Peepterra, First Peep and Peeps and Ice!

*I am using the screenames to protect the identities of the innocent and not-so-innocent ;)

Hugs, Blue

No comments: