Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ike, cookies and Stephen King


I'm posting a quick non-book update! First, I helped my sister-in-law with her fabulous cookie event, she makes awesome homemade cookies and I am helping her to get her business started. Look at our first display!!!! While we were happily selling cookies, ssvd's lil love shack was swept away by Hurricane Ike! GAH! And finally, Ike came up here and paid us an unwelcome visit. Gusty winds were a blowin', but did not lead to a wash away of the Blue household - thankfully!

By the way, I'm right in the middle of The Gunslinger (raises eyebrows to T*L) and I had forgotten how much I adore Stephen King's writing. He is quite the bastar....wait, talented writer, toying with our emotions and knowing just how to wrap us all up. YAY! That's my little update for now! Hugs to SSVD and her family!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's lucky to have such a kick-ass sister in law like you, Blue! That's a beautiful display and of course I got to see and sample some of her goodies in Forks...I ate a fork in Forks. Yum!

You'll be happy to know I finished Dark Warrior Unleashed. Yay!!!!! It was quite fun.

As I swooned with Ranulf, the Love Shack was swept away by Ike. Sniff, sniff... Poor GTO!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dutley said...

Your sister-in-law has my endorsement on her cookies. The Fork I ate in Forks was Delicsh..
Bring on the red headed viking!
I need to send GTO my condolenses I had no idea what was happening. Have I been living under a rock for the past week?