Friday, June 27, 2008

What is Blue taking to the Beach?

Peeps! As I get ready to head out to the beach, with my laptop in tow (well, not actually at the beach) I thought I would update the blog. Many of us have been chatting about a few authors that we want to try out, and we never seem to be able to remember those names when we're in the bookstore (I called Ouisa, CJ called me, Mandy called me, I called Mandy, Teak called BR....) SO, here are a few of my HOT beach reads:


Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh (http://www.nalinisingh.com/slave.html) This is the first in the psy/changling series. Goodnigth_Elizabeth of Lex fame recommended it and said it is super HOT, so I'm ALL about it, of course.





Nightkeepers by Jessica Andersen (http://www.jessicaandersen.com/) - by the way, her website rocks out! JR Ward and Doc Jess, as she is fondly referred to, hosted a chat a week or so ago that Simp and I were both on. The WARDen could not say enough fab rave reviews about Nightkeepers, and we all seem to keep forgetting her name, so here it is!!!!



Of course, I'm taking Twilight with me!
And the first one in the Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich, "One for the Money" (http://www.evanovich.com/), which my momma told me to read! (and sprty!) And finally, a book SSVD has read and recommends, "Marked", by PC Cast and Kristen Cast (can be found in our fave young adult section)


Finally, we all are excited to have a new author to read! Alexis Morgan is a coffee-drinkin', email chattin' new friend of Simplicity's and has a new series coming out in August, beginning with "Dark Warrior Unleashed" - WOOHOOO! (http://www.alexismorgan.com/talions.html) If we all play our cards right, and get this book right after our "Breaking Dawn" frenzy, we might even be able to have Alexis as a guest author on our Book club chat! Now, is that not about the very coolest thing ever? Simplicity, you awe us with your awesomeness!

I feel compelled to give a shout out to JR Ward (Black Dagger Brotherhood), Lara Adrian (Midnight Breed) and Charlaine Harris (Sookie!) just in case anyone has forgotten our favorite authors. Oh, yes and there's this Stephenie Meyer chic, who brought us all together, gave us a reason to polish and/or groom and meet each other in the first place. Now she is all that and a bag of chips. And to my two favoritest fansites eva, The Twilight Lexicon and The Host Index! WOOT!

So I have you all set up to read along with me, check out the author websites and stop by the Lex and Dex (NOT that you didn't already have those bookmarked!)

As for chat while I'm on vaca, not sure about that. I'll have to see how it rolls, I'll send an email if I think I can make it. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves!

Love and Hugs,

Blue

2 comments:

Anna said...

What is Blue taking to the beach? Blue is taking Ouisa to the beach. And not the kind of beach with 62 degree weather, rocks and undertow either.

Anonymous said...

Blue, wow you've got a lot of great reads on your beach list.

I just started Alexis Morgan's Dark Protector (book 1 in her first paranormal series, but not the series we'll be reading for our chat with her).

You HAVE to put it on your list too. OMG!!! The premise is very unique and of course the hero is hot. But you'll also love the heroine...strong, intelligent, and an integral member of the team fighting the bad guys.

It came in my Amazon shipment today and I've only got 1/4 left to read.

Have a wonderful time at the beach!!!